Seems to be good year for orchids.I came across a beautiful field full of orchids near Bawnboy . I also discovered Butterfly orchid on the farm. Why I have not seen these before on the farm I don’t quite know. They have just appeared , but that makes them all the more magical . I read that they are pollinated by moths. They have very long nectar tubes , only the proboscis of the moth reaches down. In the
process packets of pollen transfer to the moth to be carried to the next plant.
Heather bothwell087 firstname.lastname@example.org
- RT @Irishwildlife: Will we see a day when the big dams on the Shannon and Erne are demolished? River revolution in Europe as France launch… 3 hours ago
- Joy of a wee video , underwater and above twitter.com/Marshmail/stat… 3 days ago
- @GlengarriffWood @JackmanNeil Just Wow ;for size comparison 1 week ago
- RT @diarsia: Adult Peppered Moths are famous for different colour forms but this research shows the larvae can change colour depending on t… 1 week ago
- @aislingcvisions @PowersFlowers Yes I have been watching some of this😊 yesssss I do like flies nytimes.com/interactive/20… 1 week ago